Amber Therapies offers a variety of baby massage classes to suit your requirements taught by a friendly and knowledgeable instructor. Classes are small, fun, relaxing & hugely beneficial for you and your baby. Courses are designed to introduce the basic principles of baby massage, incorporating songs & rhymes. The sessions are run on a weekly basis to allow time in between to practice the techniques at home. Suitable for babies from birth upwards.
The strokes within this routine have all been accredited by the royal
college of midwives to ensure they bring the most benefit to you & your
baby. You will also learn how massage can be used to relieve the symptoms of
colic, wind, constipation & teething.
Benefits of baby massage include:
- Baby develops a feeling of being loved & secure
- Teaches positive loving touch
- Develops mind, body awareness and co-ordination
- strengthen and tone muscles
- Helps alleviate trapped wind, ease constipation & relieve colic
- Relieve discomfort from teething
- Relieve nasal congestion
- Promotes relaxation for parent & baby
- Improve quality of sleep for baby & parent
- Helps you understand baby's cue
- Great way to meet other parents
The benefits of massage extend throughout life so this is a great way to get that journey started. By the end of the course you will also know how to adapt massage to meet your growing child’s needs to ensure it always remains a beneficial and enjoyable experience for you both.
About the Instructors
As two mums with five young children between us we have seen first-hand the benefits massage can bring our children and families. Both are fully qualified as a baby massage and yoga teachers accredited by The Royal Collage of Midwives and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists. We love to share our knowledge and experience and seeing the joy and benefits massage can bring to others.